SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger
SPOT is your everyday satellite GPS messenger and works where cell phones don’t
Traditional GPS devices tell you where you are. Only SPOT uses communications satellites to tell your contacts where you are and how you’re doing. If needed, alert an emergency response center. SPOT has helped initiate rescues around the world, even from some of the most remote places.
- GPS satellites provide signals.
- SPOT messenger’s onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites.
- Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world.
- Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network.
- Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center.
REMOTE AND LONE WORKERS
Industry employment in transportation, government, oil and gas and natural resources often require workers to operate remotely and alone. This poses considerable risks not only for the workers but also employers. As a result, responsibility is placed on employers to identify high-risk environments for their workers. Companies are challenged to provide safe work practices and ensure lone worker requirements are met. The most efficient way to ensure lone worker safety is effective communication.
LOCATION-BASED SATELLITE MESSAGING
The SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™ is an affordable GPS-enabled personal satellite messaging and emergency communications device providing a simple way to help address lone worker safety. SPOT is 100% satellite technology so it works where cell phones don’t. SPOT can help meet work alone regulations by providing a simple and reliable solution to keep in contact with remote workers. SPOT combines GPS and satellite communications technology providing workers with a vital line of communication with employers and emergency assistance – when and where it may be needed.
SPOT II Satellite GPS Messenger
Buy Now >
Spot Service Plans
The SPOT basic service plan is $99.99/year
ACTIVATE and find out more here >
SPOT Additional Services
Learn more here >
- Related Products
- Features & Specs
- Public Safety
- Government Employees
- Commercial Fishing
- Natural Resource Mining
- Off Road Enthusiasts
- CSV (spreadsheet), KML (Google Earth™), GPX (GPS data)
- FCC, IC, WEEE: Outside of Case
- SAR, RoHS, CE1313: Inside Case
- Size: 3.7” x 2.6” x 1.0” (9.4 x 6.6 x 2.5 cm)
- Wt: 5.2 oz (147.4 g)
- SOS Transmit: 5 min. intervals until batteries die, 1350 transmissions on fresh battery
- Help/SPOT Assist Transmit: 5 min. intervals for 1 hr
- Check In/Custom Message Transmit: three times within 20 min. only posts one
- GPS Lat. Lon. datum format: WGS-84
- Temperature: -22°F to +140°F (-30°C to +60°C)
- Altitude: -328 ft to 21,325 ft (-100 m to +6500 m)
- Humidity: MIL-STD-810F Method 507.4 95% to 100% condensing
- Salt Fog: Per MIL-STD 810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
- Vibration: Per SAE J1455, Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g_/Hz
- Water Proof: 16.4 ft (5 m) submersion for 1 hour
- Buoyant: Yes
- Batteries: 3 AAA lithium
- Transmission Power: 0.16 Watts
- Standby mode: 110 days
- GPS Acquired
- Message Sent
Please contact Day Wireless for accessories