The PTP 650 Network IDU (NIDU) is a hardware device which enables the passing of T1/E1 TDM circuits over PTP 650 fixed wireless broadband connections. Using the NIDU, information from existing TDM circuits is delivered reliably, meeting the precise latency and jitter requirements needed for T1/E1 traffic.
The NIDU combined with the PTP 650 delivers TDM traffic today while easing the migration to all-IP networks in the future whether for enterprise applications or Macro-cell backhaul for 2G/3G traffic.
PTP 650 Network Indoor Unit features:
- Delivers up to 8 E1/T1 circuits over PTP650 wireless link
- Leverages precise timing protocol architecture of PTP 650 for controlling latency and jitter
- Single cable delivers PoE, TCP/IP data and TDM packets to the PTP 650
- Air interface optimizations for IP or TDM
- Jitter/Wander to ITU-T G.823/G.824
- Low consistent latency